I lived among developers for more or less ten years. They are a special king of human beings but I never known smarter guys than kiaro, bard and Giovanni, namely the guys who’s running nimboo.
Nimboo is a loosely coupled software house but those guys do not write code for job. They do it for fun. I was impressed by wordpress pay off “the code is poetry” because I thought this for a long time. I look at coding as an extended domain of language. Well the statement is perfect to describe nimboo work.
Here it is how they describe their approach:
nimboo is a network of people that love making ideas real in software. we craft code, keeping in mind that the real platform is the people.
we are curious about what makes people tick, and how successful communities come into being. we promote the formation of communities, look for serendipity, aggregate people and create links between partners and friends.
we believe in software that provokes dialogue and makes people talk, create and meet because it’s people, not software, that make the difference.
what is software, compared to the hand that wields it?
we love authoring simple, clean systems around cohesive groups of friends. software that people can live in.
for instant messaging, co-browsing and realtime sharing of web applications.
Let’s make and example. Relaying on SamePlace they developed Travelr that is a simple way to co-browse a google map. Now I’m Thinking to RItalia portal we are going to project and see this feature quite useful to help users planning their trips. Don’t you think It?.
How this piece of software works?
* User is chatting with contact using sameplace (based on jabber and google talk compatible)
* User decides to interact with contact through an application other than the chat.
* Both load the application’s URL in the browser. The application is a web page and can reside anywhere.
* Both click on the Connect icon to allow applications just loaded on either side to communicate using the local XMPP session.
* From this point on, on the user side, messages received from contact are copied to the
is monitored by xmpp4moz and delivered to the other side, where the contact’s application can see it.
* When the user clicks on Disconnect or simply navigates away, messages are no longer forwarded to the page.
Nimboo is developing several testbed web application if you are interested to join the project go to Hyperconstruct website
What’s cool is that what you have seen here is only the top of the Iceberg. What’s next is in Nimboo Labs